Minis and Opis Race 2 postponed – Tuesday August 5th, 2014 | South Cork Sailing Club

Minis and Opis Race 2 postponed – Tuesday August 5th, 2014


At 11:05 there was very little wind on the water. Helmsmen were asked if they wished to race and the unanimous decision was “No thanks”. The race was postponed.
The feeling on the wall was that this was the right thing. While a little wind did come up about ten minutes after the postponement, it soon dies and a very light drizzle followed. There seems no sense in making folks sail when they don’t want to. “It might put them off sailing altogether” said one of the Wall staff.
Many of the Toppers had a fine time practicing capsizing and righting themselves. It was a good time to do it, with no wind and many safety boats in attendance.
Conditions permitting, Race 2 will be run on Wednesday August 6th and the series will be extended to Saturday or, possibly, the following Monday. The decision will be made in consultation with the Cadets and their families.


Comments are closed.